Monson

Monson

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Future is as Bright as your Faith

I've been trying to understand the principle of faith better--been studying it for the last few years actually. Still not quite where I want to be yet, so I am still studying it and working on it. Anywho, I came across this the other day and loved it:

There will be times when it appears there is no light at the end of our tunnel or no dawn to a night of darkness, President Monson says. “We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea, ‘Is there no balm in Gilead?’  We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone.”

To those in despair, President Monson reminds that the Savior can lift us up.
“Yes, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is our Exemplar and our strength. He is the light that shineth in darkness. He is the Good Shepherd. Though engaged in His majestic ministry, He embraced the opportunity to lift burdens, provide hope, mend bodies, and restore life.”

“Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments,” he encourages. “There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us. My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.”

I love that. "There will be nothing in this world that can defeat us" and "The future is as bright as your faith." It seems so simple, right? It doesn't seem like it could possibly be that simple though...at least not to me. But I am learning, from experience, that it is. Faith in Jesus Christ literally allows him to lift us up in our lowest moments-- allows him to replace feelings of loneliness or sadness with love and peace. I don't know how it is done. But it is.

If you are interested in reading more of what President Monson has to say on this particular topic, you can click here!

No comments: