Monson

Monson

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Best Year of Our Life

A few months back, Forrest and I were at some friends' house for a birthday party and the couples there began to discuss what the best year of their life was up to the present. One of the individuals said something like, "It would definitely be before we had kids." 

And that was kind of sad to me. I understand the sentiment, of course. Having children limits or puts a strain on a lot: your free time, your budget, your time alone with your spouse, your ability to travel, and a million other things. But if that is the case, then all of my best years are behind me. That may be true for some people, I suppose. Forrest's response was that ideally each year should just get better than the previous one. And I like that. 

When I say, however, that this last year has been the best year of our lives, it is true and not just wishful thinking. For a plethora of reasons, this year has been full of wonder and fulfilled dreams and prayers. And a big part of that has been Evelyn. Because she is with us, we smile more, laugh more, sing more, read more, pray more, and try harder to be better than we are.

And now, for the pictures. 99% of people who look at Evelyn say immediately that she looks like her dad. Which is fine. Her dad is a handsome guy. But I kind of want her to have at least a little bit of Jenson in her. Then, the other day, I came across some pictures of me from when I was one and two years old. Looking at them reminded me that I look nothing like my baby pictures. And then seeing those pictures next to pictures of Evie proved that there is some Jenson in her yet!



Okay our eyes look completely different but that nose and
 half smile are unmistakable, right?
See! I can't see myself in this picture at all. But I can see a little bit of Evelyn in that face!

But there is no doubt she mostly favors her dad in the looks department. They are a good-looking pair.


 I love my baby and her dad.






1 comment:

Mormon Mama said...

Whomever she looks like, she's a cutie!