Monson

Monson

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lessons Learned

I know Forrest was planning to post some of his wittyative observations on life and all things concerning it, so I have held off writing anything. However, Forrest is a busy man with school and work and making my breakfast and lunch in the mornings and playing intramural and church basketball and keeping up with everything else. So, I suppose I will just go for it. And, I imagine that Andrea is tired of having the picture of her that I stole from her blog featured prominently on my own miniscule piece of the worldwide web.

At any rate, I would like to share with you a few of the lessons I have learned from life in the last few months:

Despite my tallness and my seemingly tough exterior (hey, I like to think I could throw some mean punches, some fatal blows if I was ever forced to), I recently learned by doing intervals in my “Cardioblast” evening class, that I have absolutely no upper body strength.

Taking voice lessons doesn’t necessarily mean that you will ever sound like Mariah Carey or Lea Salonga—nor does it mean that your voice will actually sound any better, even if you are using your air correctly.

I owe just about everything I am to my mother and my daddy.

There are not really twenty four hours in a day. It is a lie.

Guys have it tough. Being the “provider,” the “patriarch,” the “protector”—what pressure you men have on your shoulders. I hope that I can make that pressure seem lighter for my husband rather than adding to his load.

Reading my scriptures daily and saying focused sincere prayers is the difference between a good day and a not-so-good day for me. It is actually quite miraculous really, that such small things really make a difference.

And finally, I need to say that a dream of mine that has lived in my heart for years now will soon be made reality. What a joy that a place like this actually exists and that I get to go there in less than a month! Thank you dear Walt, for making the magic happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! So good to hear something from you :) I really want to come visit at work...maybe Thursday? We should have Sunday dinner or something soon. I would love that. I hope you are doing well! I haven't seen you for a long time and I miss you!

Delys said...

You're going to Disneyland?! Without me?! It's so magical! Promise you'll go again someday with me...

Anonymous said...

So jealous.

Amber Joy said...

Disney World?! Cool! When are you going? That sounds like fun. :)

Russell Roberts said...

We still think you and Forrest are awesome!